My name is Abbey, and there are a lot of unique things about me. First, I'm a right-brained learner. This basically means that I'm blessed with high imagination and cursed with anxiety. Second, I'm a Latter-Day Saint, who is amazed by the goodness of the Lord and all He does for me in my life. Third, I am an unschooler. The biggest lesson I learned from this education is to love learning and to pursue my passions. This blog is a collection of personal musings that will probably fall into one of these catogories. Thanks for visiting!


*All stamps courtesy of Mirz123

Friday, March 15, 2013

Darn Those Tears!

I'm an emotional person, which is pretty obvious considering I have anxiety.  I'm also terrible at hiding what I'm feeling.  If I'm having a bad day, it's written all over my face.  And I'm a shameless weeper.  Okay, shameless isn't exactly the word, because I'm quite embarrassed when the waterworks start.  And I guess I don't cry easily.  But if my tears are triggered, they don't stop for a while.  I'm especially moved by movie moments.  Below are some scenes that ALWAYS make me cry:

Scene: "The Lion King" Mufasa's death


Scene: "Up" Ellie and Carl's life


Scene: "Homeward Bound" when Shadow comes home



Scene: "Inception" saying good-bye to Mal


Scene: "Marley & Me" putting the dog to sleep

Crying is such a raw, intense emotion that is all-consuming.  Yet there's something refreshing about crying, too.  It's a release of epic proportions that washes away all dignity and mascara.  If someone accepts you in these blubbering moments, you know you have a true friend.  I don't like to cry, and I try to avoid it when possible, but I suppose crying is part of the human existence.  We all do it, so therefore, it's something that we all can understand.  If any of these scenes have made you cry, or any other movie scene, post it in the comments below.  Then we can all cry together.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment