My name is Abbey, and there are a lot of unique things about me. First, I'm a right-brained learner. This basically means that I'm blessed with high imagination and cursed with anxiety. Second, I'm a Latter-Day Saint, who is amazed by the goodness of the Lord and all He does for me in my life. Third, I am an unschooler. The biggest lesson I learned from this education is to love learning and to pursue my passions. This blog is a collection of personal musings that will probably fall into one of these catogories. Thanks for visiting!


*All stamps courtesy of Mirz123

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Check It Out! - The Cat That Got the Milk


There are a lot of Indie games out on the Internet right now, and even though I like to browse through them, sometimes they all start to look the same.  An unusual game title, however, caught my eye today: "The Cat That Got the Milk."  This is a unique and beautiful game that anyone can play.  It's has the same basic concept as the old-fashioned computer game Snake, but with a challenging and artsy twist.

A screenshot from "The Cat That Got the Milk" game

You control the cat with the up and down keys, guiding it to the bowl of milk.  It starts off easy, but the environment quickly becomes more abstract and difficult to traverse.  "The Cat That Got the Milk" is just as much a work of art as it is a game.  It's a dazzling and refreshing change to all of the cookie-cutter, jump-scare Indie games out there.  The game is short, taking only about 10-15 minutes to complete, so feel free to give it a try.  The game requires the Unity web player, which is free and safe software similar to Adobe Player.  There will be a link to download this at the game website.  Save and download the Unity Web Player and the game will begin loading on the webpage automatically.  I really enjoyed playing "The Cat That Got the Milk," and I hope to see more unique games from the developers in the future.  Below is the link to the game as well as a preview video of the actual game play.  Have fun, and get that milk!

Click here to play "The Cat That Got the Milk."


No comments:

Post a Comment