My name is Abbey, and there are a lot of unique things about me. First, I'm a right-brained learner. This basically means that I'm blessed with high imagination and cursed with anxiety. Second, I'm a Latter-Day Saint, who is amazed by the goodness of the Lord and all He does for me in my life. Third, I am an unschooler. The biggest lesson I learned from this education is to love learning and to pursue my passions. This blog is a collection of personal musings that will probably fall into one of these catogories. Thanks for visiting!


*All stamps courtesy of Mirz123

Friday, January 25, 2013

Check It Out! - Faith the Walking Dog

Image from Daily News Dig
While carousing iwastesomuchtime.com this morning, I came across an amazing article about an amazing dog.  Faith was found in a junkyard where her own mom was attempting to smother her.  This may seem cruel, but Faith was born without front legs, so her mom was actually trying to humanely spare her a life of misery the only way she knew how.  Thankfully, Faith was rescued by the son of Jude Stringfellow, Faith's adopted mom.  Jude and her family spent countless hours and spoons of peanut butter to teach Faith how to hop, and eventually walk upright on her hind legs.  Faith is a living example of strength, determination, and hope.  If she can overcome her difficulties, so can we!  Her family also is a wonderful example of love and patience.  They never gave up on Faith, and now, she is a inspiration for many people.  Below is a video of this incredible dog and her family.  I hope it brings a smile to your face and a warmth to your heart like it did to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment